Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Statement of Religious Right Leaders about Biology-Based Gender Roles as Key to Divine Revelation: "An Approach to God That Biblical Tradition Calls Idolatry"


 

I'm grateful to you readers who shared with us here a link to the "new" statement about gender matters from various religious right leaders. The U.S. Catholic bishops, several of whom are signatories to the statement, have placed the statement on their website, as several of you noted here yesterday. I read the response of Francis DeBernardo at Bondings 2.0 to this statement yesterday, and then offered my own response on Twitter as I shared Francis DeBernardo's reflections.


Here's my Twitter thread about the lamentable, theologically unfounded, statement of the religious right leaders:












P.S. Not every signatory to this retrogressive statement is Christian. The large majority of signatories are Christian, however.

No comments: